What are Folk Points?
As of July 9, 2007, all purchases at the Ottawa Folklore Centre will accumulate Folk Points on your OFC customer account. It’s so easy! You don’t even have to keep a card in your wallet or in your car. We keep track of it all for you here at the store!
How do I get a customer account?
All you have to do is come to the store and sign up. You don’t even have to buy anything! What can I buy with Folk Points?? Well, you can buy: guitars, mandolins, banjos, pipes, books, shakers, strings, picks, amps, accordions, dulcimers, pedals, hand drums, flutes, ocarinas, music lessons and much, much more. Buy more, save more. Are there specials that you can only know about by reading the monthly newsletter? Why yes, as a matter of fact, there are newsletter only specials. Sign up for the newsletter at www.ottawafolklore.com. You can also get advance notice on important sales items that will generate triple or up to ten times the normal Folk Point values. Keep an eye on the website and sign up for the newsletter.
- Folk Points are based on a similar system to large grocery and retail stores. We offer 2% credit from a sale instead of the more common 1%.
- You can only redeem the points through goods purchased at the store.
- Folk Points can’t be redeemed as cash.
- Taxes don’t generate Folk Points.
- Customers can only redeem points that they have accumulated before the current sale.
- Purchases of tickets do not generate Folk Points nor can Folk Points purchase tickets.